We provide a working environment that offers variety, encourages change and provides opportunities to all people with relevant experiences and qualifications. Following the declaration of a vacancy in Purchasing Department, we now wish to hire a highly skilled, passionate and experienced Stores Supervisor. We are therefore inviting all potential candidates who meet the education and experience requirements of this vacancy to apply for the vacant position, to be based in Industrial Area.
Duties and responsibilities include, but will not be limited, to the following:
- To provide direction, guidance and assistance to other warehouse/stores employees in carrying out the efficient and effective operation of the warehouse /stores.
- To maintain an inventory control system for the warehouse/stores to ensure goods received, stored and issued to production from the warehouse are properly recorded and accounted for.
- To requisition supplies, materials and equipment to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained to meet the needs.
- To ensure warehouse/stores inventory is organized and stored in an orderly, accessible and safe manner.
- To assign, monitor, coordinate and participate in the issuance and receiving work of warehouse /stores personnel.
- To train and advise warehouse/stores employees in material handling procedures and in the operation of equipment used.
- To ensure compliance with health and safety procedures and regulations that relate to work performed to minimize potential for accidents, injuries or hazards in the warehouse.
- To contact the purchasing staff and suppliers regarding shortages and condition of materials received.
- To control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system (SAP).
- To maintain warehouse/stores job results by coaching, counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- To arrange for repairs of a variety of tools and equipment’s.
- To perform other job related duties of comparable importance, difficulty and responsibility as necessary.
- To lead in kaizen implementation.
- To perform any other duty(ies) as may be required from time to time.
- Good customer service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Raw Material Planning and storekeeping.
- Committed, diligent and with high integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizer and problem solver.
- Team player.
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Procurement & Supplies Chain Management or related qualifications. Higher Diploma holders must have at least 5 years’ experience.
Experience: At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position.
You can apply by sending your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org