Main Purpose of Job
- Ability to understand the paint products and effectively lead a team of officers to deliver formulated product solutions to varying customers’ needs with speed. Coach, train hands on and develop officers to enhance technical skills.
- Sub Purpose: New decorative product Development, Product performance Improvement, Cost reduction of products, Shade matching, line extension, Bench marking, paint processes, testing & maintaining quality of the products as per the Standard.
Lists the main areas in which the job must deliver in order to achieve its purpose.
1-New paint product developments especially decorative to maintain competitive edge in market, increased brand value & increase financial values. Line extension of existing portfolio of products.
2- Shade development and line extension for New requests as part of sales support.
3- Evaluate competitors’ products for suitable modification, matching performance, cost reduction or improvement to suit customer and market needs.
4-Vendor development – New raw material identification for new product development, substitution, cost reduction and Product Improvement.
5- Knowledge of Paint test protocol and method establishment. Setting performance features for quality.
6- Preparation of customer samples and applications procedures. Knowledge on application tools.
7. Offering technical advisory services on the product[s] and application processes involved at customers’ end. Effective interface with other stake holders having ability to work in a team. Ability to lead a team.
8- Helping to solve customer complains.
9- Standardization of production process in plant for New & Regular products as required.
10- Management of laboratory consumables, EHS & carrying Internal calibration of the instruments.
11-Undertaking of Kaizen objectives and follow up ISO standards. Knowledge on Paints regulations and standards.
12- – Record keeping, monthly report writing and technical report writing. Literature search including patents.
13. Exposure to high throughput experimentation and scientific tools. Project management skills.
14.Technical training of personals-In house & at customers’ end.
15. Shade card Approvals, STD panel approvals.
16. Perform any other assignment(s) as may be assigned from time to time.
Degree or Diploma in paint (coatings) technology/ polymer /plastics/chemistry /chemical engineering.
5-8 yrs of experience in Paints formulation, testing, shade matching preferably worked in R & D or equivalent set up.
You can apply by sending your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org